Spicy Harissa Chicken Wraps with Shredded Slaw
The (in)credible science
Using organic mayonnaise in your cooking adds more nutritional benefits to your family’s meals! Organic eggs have higher levels of protein and organic olive oil has more antioxidants than conventional.
This Spicy Harissa Chicken Wrap with Shredded Slaw recipe made by Chef Megan Mitchell is a nutritious dinner option the whole family will enjoy. Using organic spicy harissa mayo from Whole Foods adds just the right amount of heat to the slaw. Enjoy!
Equipment: large bowl, whisk, medium bowl
- 1 cup Whole Foods Organic Spicy Harissa Mayo
- 2 tbsp. dijon
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, shredded into medium chunks (about 4 heaping cups)
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 6 soft pita
- To a large bowl add the harissa mayo, dijon, 1 tbsp. vinegar and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together then add in the shredded chicken, celery, green onions and parsley. Mix together until combined.
- To a medium bowl add the shredded cabbage, 2 tbsp. of vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together then let sit for 5 minutes.
- When ready to assemble, place 1 pita on a plate then heap some of the chicken salad on top followed by some of the shredded slaw. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions and parsley. Serve.