Organic Valley's Family-Favorite Cheesecake
The (in)credible science
Classic cheesecake is a staple on our dessert tables. It's perfect for dinner parties, holidays or whenever you're craving something decadent. Use organic products to get the most out of your ingredients. Organic milk has a higher nutritional content and more healthy omega-3 fatty acids and disease-fighting antioxidants than non-organic milk. Organic cows are raised in humane conditions and eat healthy diets so that your organic dairy can be served without antibiotics, synthetic growth hormones, or controversial pesticides.
Thank you to our friends at Organic Valley for sharing our go-to classic cheesecake recipe! The expression 'icing on the cake' was made for this recipe and the whipped topping always leaves us going back for more.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- sugar (crust: 1/3 cup, filling: 1 1/2 cups, topping: 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Butter, melted
- three 8 oz packages Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- vanilla extract (filling: 1 tsp, topping 1/2 tsp)
- 4 Organic Valley Large Brown Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley Whipping Cream, whipped
- Start with the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in butter, then press the mixture into bottom of a greased 9" springform pan and up 2" high on the sides. Bake at 350° F for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Add egg yolks and beat on low until combined.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture, then pour over crust.
Bake for 1 hour or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then cool for another hour. Refrigerate until completely cool. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.