Greens and chickpeas wrap
A study in Applied Biological Research compared nutritional values of organic versus conventional kale, and found the organic kale was nutritionally superior. In particular, organic kale contained more protein and vitamin C, so the next time you feel like eating your greens, grab organic for a more nutritious meal. This is a really fast and tasty way to get more greens into your diet.
- Curly green kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil for cooking
- Canned chickpeas
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Cilantro, chopped
- Optional: hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Sizzle the garlic in a medium pot with a little olive oil for a minute and then add the greens. It’s good if the kale is still a little wet from washing it as it will help steam and cook, and stop the garlic from burning. Season with a little salt and cover with a lid. Cook, stirring occasionally until the greens are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the canned chickpeas and ground cumin, and cook a couple minutes to combine the flavors.
- Heat up a large flour tortilla on the stovetop and pile in the chickpea and kale filling.
- Drizzle with yogurt, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and add hot sauce if you like.
- Wrap it up and serve.
Banner Photo Credit: Deryn Macey B; unsplash.com